Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Beginning

     Everything has a beginning...I began knitting as a young preteen. Now, don't get mewrong, it was just me & my 2 needles and the knit stitch repeatedly. As a result? Yards of just a plain "scarf." I never learned anything other than the very basics.To this day I hate purl and will always prefer knit.

     Moving along...Oh, right. So this was getting a tad boring. I usually resort to it to lower anxiety (the repetitive motion of continuous knit stitch is soothing.) 

     My one aunt is a crochet guru. Give her any hook size/gauge, some yarn and she'll make anything. She makes anything from lace work with her nimble fingers to using every bit of yarn she has to make these huge heavy blankets (amazing for winter, especially if you love heavy covers.)

     I had never tried, aside from, you know...that one time when I was seven years old and couldn't remember how to begin crocheting after I finished my chain? Yeah...I got very good at making chains! Anyhow, maybe 2-3 weeks ago I started. It went by faster than I thought it would! I fell in love. (You can see the Week One versus stuff now below.)
Week One
.
And...
Just Last Week (3rd week?)

    I'm sure you can see that It's not just the plain, same old, knit, knit, knit, knit, ad perpetuam. I'm now working on more complex stitches thanks to a book on over 300 stitches
I am now drawing out the pattern for an afghan I plan to make symbolizing LGBTQ pride. It will definitely be colourful!

xx
Maria

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting